Thursday, November 11, 2010

One year ago today...

I can pretty much guarantee that today will be the start of a lot of one year ago today posts, because a lot happened in the next month... one year ago.

One year ago today I was sitting in my office preparing for trial to start on November 13, 2009.  I didn't feel very good, and even told our paralegal that something just felt off, I had a lot of pressure in my chest and head area, and felt "ill", as it was the only way I could describe it.  I had been feeling this way for a few days, but just chalked it up to nerves/anxiety over trial starting, and my GERD.

One year ago today I left work saying goodbye to everyone, telling them I'd see them tomorrow. (only to not return until March 1, 2010)

One year ago today I sat down at home and just knew, I mean really KNEW something was not right.  I talked with my sister (well sister-in-law) who is a nurse and told her I didn't feel right.  She told me to take my blood pressure.  When Austin got home he took me to CVS, and it was high, higher than normal.

One year ago today Austin drove me to the ER at Valley Care Medical Center where they admitted me right away because at that point my BP was even higher (178/108).

One year ago today was the start of when everything started to go wrong with my pregnancy (or at least when I was made aware of it).

Today though, I have to look at the upside, I can't dwell on it too much or I'll cry.  Today I have this smiling beautiful little girl that I love more than life itself.  I also have an amazing husband who supports me in everything that I do.

So, to them I say thank you and I love you :)

1 comment:

  1. My Dearest Niece,

    I will be on top of a mountain for your birthday - so I wanted to send you a little note early to tell you that I love you so very much! I hope you have such a wonderful birthday - and I want you to know what a blessing you are to all of us! I love you so much punkin and I really hope I can hop on a plane soon to give you a kiss in person. In the meantime, please have mommy and daddy give you big kisses and hugs for me! xoxox, Auntie Jenn

    ReplyDelete