Friday, November 12, 2010

Almost time for the party!

Tomorrow is Kennedy's Birthday Party Day.  In our family we celebrate Birthday's and also have a Happy Birthday Party Day also.  Why you ask? Because my birthday is on Christmas Day and my family always wanted to make sure that I had my special day too.  So, tomorrow we will wish Kennedy a Happy Birthday Party Day to help celebrate her first birthday!



I am pretty close to having the majority of everything done.  I need to run a  few last minute errands, and make a gazillion cupcakes, but I cannot wait.  I have put a lot of time and effort into this because I have needed it to get me through this month, and I really really want to have a special celebration for Kennedy's first birthday because she has come so so far from the 3lb 5oz 15.75 inch little girl that she was a year ago on November 16, 2009.



A year ago today I was hanging out at home (after being discharged from the hospital in the early am), and I still did not feel right.

A year ago today I went back to the hospital because my blood pressure had gone back up, way up.

A year ago today the other OB in my office admitted me to the hospital, told me my diagnosis of Pre-Eclampsia, and said I was not going anywhere anytime soon.

A year ago today was when I really KNEW that my pregnancy was never going to be normal.

A year ago today I was transferred from Valley Care Medical Center to Alta Bates Summit Medical Center by ambulance.

But TODAY I will be working towards celebrating Kennedy's first year of life, and I cannot wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment