We've already been to two so far, with two (possibly three) more to go!
The first wedding was Brian and Jana's wedding up near Redding. It was in a beautiful area, with the reception inside of an old barn. Now, you're probably wanting pictures, just to see this beautiful place I am talking about huh? Well, we took our cameras, and didn't take one, not ONE, picture of the wedding, or us at the wedding!! I am hoping to see pictures from other people. However, Austin did manage to take about 200 pictures of Kennedy eating her sweet potatoes at the hotel because she was blowing raspberries while eating - he was so sure he'd get a pic of the spit in the air. I think he might of succeeded, though it is hard to see...
Well, onto the second wedding of the summer. My good friend (once almost sister) that I've known since preschool (so probably 3 years old) got married! A.J. - also known as Alexandria got married to Bryan (yes, another Bryan) on June 19, 2010 in Sonora. The wedding was held at her mother's residence, and it was really a beautiful affair. But I digress, I will tell you about our day first so that I can get through the slew of pics.
We headed up early Saturday so that we had time to get to our hotel and settle in. Kennedy as having a blast, and let me tell you, this little girl LOVES her dad. He is the only one who can make her seriously bust out laughing, and her face just absolutely lights up when he gets home or she sees him.
(oh and that tongue is just out and about now for good I think)
We went out by the pool area for a bit, but the water was too cold to try and get Kennedy in. My mom has the pics of this, so sorry, can't add them just right now.
Once we all got ready we headed out to the wedding just a few minutes away.
Grandma cuddled with Kennedy at the start of the ceremony, until she wanted to see what was going on. We also had to make sure to take away her squeaky and crinkly toys during the ceremony, ha.
The ceremony site was in the backyard, which really is woodsy and beautiful. AJ did a wonderful job of adding in little details here and there.
The ceremony was fast, not always a bad thing, so we headed up to the reception area. They had baseball tickets hanging on a line with our names on them, which then told us our table numbers. They are both living in Chicago and are huge Cubs fans (they even had the Cubs song as their recession song,Cubbies bars as the favors, and the table numbers had something to do with the Cubs as well - pretty creative!!).
Okay, so now on to what you really want to see, pics of us right? (ha, that is my wishful thinking, but I think we all looked pretty damn good :) )
See that tongue!!!
She's one happy peanut.
It got chilly after awhile, and Kennedy got sleepy.
So, we didn't stick around for too long, but long enough to eat some red velvet cupcakes, tell the bride I loved her and wished her and her groom the best.
Well, that was a very long (and picture filled post) just about weddings and one (well two) Saturdays. Another post about Sunday should follow soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment