Kennedy has done amazingly well in the office. She seems to even nap better there than at home too, seems weird to me, but I'll take it! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to give her the attention that she needs while still being able to work and focus on my work. I am finding that the balance so far is going just fine. I am able to get a good amount of work in while she is napping. While she is awake we walk around the office, play on the floor a bit, or she is even completely content just sitting in my lap and watching the computer screen or a toy on the desk.
I know that as she gets older, and more mobile things will change, so we will constantly be tweaking our routine, etc. But for now it is working.
I am also extremely lucky that I have friends and co-workers who are willing to help me out when I need to be at a meeting or in court. (Thank you Vim and Lisa!) I will likely be looking into a babysitter at some point so that I have someone to call and schedule on days when Lisa cannot watch her in the office. I also can't continue to infringe upon my friends kindness either in offering to watch Kennedy either, I am one to think that there is a limit to how much you can ask, and I don't want to go beyond that limit.
So, here are a few pics of her in the office, and I find it amusing that one shelf in my bookcase has now become a baby shelf - and honestly, I have a feeling more of the shelves will be taken over by Kennedy as my books get the boot.
First day and all smiles!
Taking a snooze.
Working with mom at her desk.
Kennedy enjoys staring at the dots on her diaper basket.
The baby shelf. I am sure it will get worse.
Today however, Kennedy decided she was going to be a fuss-bucket. She has tummy issues which make for some tough sleeping at night (well early morning) sometimes. So, I am working from home today, it is proving to be just as easy to work at home when I am doing things that do not require use of the office facility. We'll be back in the office tomorrow though.


No comments:
Post a Comment